Friday, September 20, 2013

Axel (Corps Security #1) by Harper Sloan



A love so overwhelming and powerful that years later it still haunts you....That is the background for this book. I was introduced to this author at the same time that I discovered Crystal Spears (my review of Seize Me ). Izzy is so deserving of love and there's this mountain of anticipation when she and Axel are reunited. I know I wanted all of the secrets Izzy had to just come spilling out. In this book you are also introduced to Corps Security. Wowza! All of the men in that agency sound heartbreaking sexy especially Izzy's brother from another mother" Greg Cage. I know we, as readers, can expect naughty delicious things from Greg. 

Let me just say that everything I wanted to happen - happened in this book. It may not have happened on my 'give it to me now' time frame, but I was suitably rewarded. Izzy and Axel burn up the sheets. Izzy has been carrying around so many demons and is damaged in such a way that, in my opinion, the only one to fix her is Axel. Her first love, Axel and his monster truck. Harper Sloan pulled me into this world so effectively I feel like I know all of the characters, as if they work right next to me. I don't want to go into too much detail for fear I'll just SPOILER the HELL out of this review, but when I say Axel is one dirty talking Alpha male I am oh so serious. I absolutely have to resort to Scandal GIFs to explain my experience with this book.

Its like at first Izzy was trying to deny the chemistry still existed...

And then Axel started his seduction
Until finally, Axel went and got his woman.





And no holds barred....


And then there was more of...




Until finally I was literally in the bed screaming like a loon.





And then I hit the last page and...






















No comments:

Post a Comment