Monday, August 10, 2015

Execution Style (Code 11 KPD SWAT Series) by Lani Lynn Vale



 

Blurb:

Miller Spurlock might seem like a laid back man on the outside, but piss him off, or violate his trust, and he’ll show you the meaning of pain.
He was a Navy SEAL.  He could kill a man a hundred different ways and not break a sweat.

He’s also a police officer and member of the SWAT team, which means he has the knowledge and skills to get away with it.

Rage boils in his gut when he witnesses what happens to the beautiful Mercy Shepherd during a SWAT op from hell that even his worst nightmare couldn’t conjure up.  And it surprises the hell out of him when she wants him, and him only, to comfort her in the aftermath.

Miller becomes the one shining beacon of light at the bottom of Mercy’s pit of despair.

The one man that could pull her through the rough days ahead and make her whole again.

And during her road back to herself, she realizes that she’s got the one thing she ever wanted in life…a hero to call her own.​
Review:
The beginning of this book. Dear sweet baby Jesus in a manger----why!? If LLV was trying to give me a heart attack she almost did. I actually put down my Kindle and had to take a break. Mercy Mercy Mercy...WHY...in front of the entire town no less.





For the sake of throwing some new plot devices into her series I can see why LLV did it, but my heart went out to Mercy.


Miller stepped in from jump street and was, for all intents and purposes, her knight in shining armor. He was there for her on the sidelines before it happened, throughout the horrible act and afterwards for the clean up. So without blowing the entire premise of the book I'll put some spoiler alerts up.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER : I did NOT like how Mercy used Miller as her scapegoat baby daddy. In my opinion that's what she was doing and WTH Miller for going along with it. That aspect of their relationship I had no liking for. 

I enjoyed the rest of the book (as per usual for a Lani Lynn Vale book) and was so glad to see previous characters showing up. 

Towards the end of the book, another ball dropped that had me completely worked up again. I was already on the fence with her choice of a villain and how aggressive said villain was, but I quickly got on board with it and then one of the most devastating parts of the LLV book history happened. This accident, so perfectly staged, set up Foster's story. Overall there were parts where I questioned my like of Mercy and Miller, but I did enjoy this different type of LLV book. It isn't going to be added to my fav LLV book list, but it is still worth reading. 



No comments:

Post a Comment