Saturday, November 29, 2014

Shadow Watcher (Darkness #6) by K.F. Breene

In the wake of ridding their territory of a menace, Sasha has only one pressing duty left: find more human magic workers. And while it is undoubtedly important on some grand scale, the task is, in itself, surprisingly uneventful. That is, until a strange predator takes an interest in her and Charles on their trek home one evening. In the space of twenty-four hours Sasha's life goes from mundane to being stalked and threatened. A new shifter has moved into town, and if the whispered rumors are to be believed, something even more sinister is lurking behind, watching and waiting for the right moment to spring.
But that isn't the only element that turns Sasha's life upside down. She has one hell of a secret that will change her and Stefan's life forever.


 REVIEW


I love the Darkness series! I stumbled upon the series on Facebook when an author posted a “what are you reading” call. I read the synopsis and was hooked. I have read all of the books and could not wait to get ahold of Shadow Watcher. The one and only thing I must say that I found lacking with this book…its length. I wanted a good couple hundred pages to cheese over, but alas it was not meant to be though I can assume the author has great things in store for me. (Can’t say more without posting a spoiler alert) If you’re familiar with the other books in the Darkness series you already know who Sasha and Stefan are. If not, Stefan is the vampire Boss of the area and Sasha is his Mage mate. There is a butt load more behind this, but that’s why you should read Books 1-6.


In my honest opinion this entire series has never been tedious or boring. I never felt as if I read the same thing in a previous book. Sasha is the main focus of all of the books and her personality is amazing. She is so personable and I can see myself in her sometimes. (Great way to get a reader hooked ) The love scenes remain smoking hot and the fights and clashes in Stefan and Sasha’s relationship are incredibly realistic. Stefan’s reactions ring true to someone who has lived hundreds of years and Sasha’s first response is a great representation of someone who grew up the way she did cue the orphan flashbacks. As mentioned before I do wish this book was longer, but I know #7 is going to be chockfull of action, sex, magic, fighting, death, backstabbing, introduction of new characters, power struggles the list goes on. All you really know starting this book is that something even more life changing than usual is about to take place. Trust me, it does not disappoint.




Buy on Amazon Here
Buy on BN.com Here

No comments:

Post a Comment