Friday, May 15, 2015

Mermen (Mermen Trilogy #1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff



INFAMOUS BACHELOR and SELF-MADE BILLIONAIRE ROEN DORAN IS A BASTARD. Yes, he knows it. And no, he doesn’t care. He’s got money and power, and he depends on no one. But when his estranged father dies, willing him a secret island, Roen will come face to face with an even bigger secret: its occupants. And these savage, sea-obsessed warriors are quick to make their position clear: Leave now or die.

There’s only one problem. Nobody tells Roen what to do. Ever. Oh, and one other thing. He’s just met the island’s other new “guest” and something about her brings out his possessive side.

SOLE SHIPWRECK SURVIVOR LIV STRATTON had been adrift at sea for ten grueling days when salvation miraculously appeared: an uncharted island. Only, the deceivingly beautiful men who live there aren’t interested in saving her. No, not at all. Because they somehow believe she is their property, a gift from the ocean to do with as they please. This is not good.

Her only hope? Billionaire Roen Doran, of all people. A man who’s said to care for nothing and no one. But if he’s so heartless, then why is he about to risk everything to help her?


Review

Warning! If you don’t like cliffhangers I would advise holding off unless you plan to buy book 2. This is one serious cliffhanger.

Warning 2 : mild spoilers inside this review


I won’t say that I disliked this book and I won’t say that I liked it. I’m indifferent to it, to an extent, because I did devour it pretty quickly. I thought the idea of  mermen was a good premise, but a magical island trying to stay alive was a bit much. Also, the hero (and I use that term loosely) Roen Doran is a douchebag of the highest order. Refer to the summary where he is described as a bastard. Call him what you will, a-hole, douchebag, dick, bastard…he is all of that and more.  I felt like an outsider sitting outside of a window watching things unfold and by this I mean – I wasn’t invested in either character. Though, I did feel bad for Roen and Liv towards the end of the book because of their impossible love (I use that term loosely as well). Side note: these mermen do NOT grow tails and troll thru the ocean flinging their long, luscious locks in the sun. These are hard ass men who protect and obey the island with a single-minded focus. You’ll find out why in the book so I won’t ruin it for you.  

I do recommend this and book 2 (even though I have yet to complete it) just for the simple fact that I want to know who survives at the end. :evil grin: 



* Thanks to Rockstar PR for this ARC opportunity*
 


Purchase at Amazon or BN.com
 


No comments:

Post a Comment