Sunday, October 17, 2021

Demon Pack (Demon Pack, #1) by Jaymin Eve and Everly Frost

 

Demon Pack (Demon Pack, #1)
Summary

I’m no stranger to the dark. The shadows belong to me. But the dark can’t hide me forever...

I run with my own pack—my four demon wolves and the two friends I would kill to protect.

We might be the rejected shifters of the Vegas supernaturals, different and unwanted, but our pack is strong. Feared. Think of us as your local supernatural vigilantes.

With my demon wolves secretly watching our backs, we’re unstoppable. Until the night the first rune appears on the streets. A rune that hasn’t been seen for hundreds of years, sending the Vegas supernaturals into a tailspin.

It seems that the Master of Demon Runes has returned, a demon with unlimited power to deceive and kill, dragged up from the depths of the underworld itself.

What he wants, no one knows.

Except maybe… me.

Because there’s a teeny tiny chance that my demon wolves used to be his. And an even larger chance he won’t return to the underworld without them…

Or without me.

Review

So, its become obvious that Jaymin Eve is fast becoming one of my fav authors. I first discovered her writing in her Shadow Beast series. I saw that there is a part two coming in December, but I couldn't stop myself from starting this.

Nova is kick ass. She is the alpha of her pack, which consists of two outcast shifter hybrids (like herself) and 4 invisible wolves. The other two hybrids are sisters to her, Malia and Taniya. Together they all form a vigilante-like group that patrols the Vegas areas keeping out of line supernaturals in line. Unfortunately, on a <i> routine </i> operation they discover that the King of Demons has disappeared from the Underworld and as a result a high-level demon is running amok in their area. That combined with a mysterious stranger that tries to warn Nova and her pack away and the story begins. There are secrets that Nova holds, secrets that the mysterious stranger holds about himself, Nova, and what is actually going on, and there are secrets that entwine them all.

Action, secrets, intrigue, specieism, sexual tension, family. I loved every part of this book. I'm just sad that I have to wait until December for part two. This is definitely worth reading and I have already added part two to my TBR list.

No comments:

Post a Comment